Sunday, July 12, 2009

Let's get it poppin!!

Hi everyone and WELCOME to my blog!! Usually I'm not into this type of thing, but I figured I'd make an exception...in order to document this life changing experience lol. Right now, I am getting prepared to go off to Ross University School of Medicine on the island of Dominica. Please don't think Dominica is short for the Dominican Republic (two different countries with totally different languages). Dominica is actually south of Puerto Rico in this loong chain of islands in the Eastern Carribean. The number 1 question I get is "Why are you going all the way over there to go to medical school?!" Although sometimes it gets on my nerves that I get this question sooo often and I really want to answer with "Because I want to!", I have come to learn that its a valid question. Weeell going to a carribean medical school is the unconvential route of course, but I'm an unconventional person...so there!lol It's ok to laugh, I'm joking! In all honesty, it's been a looong road to get to this point. I applied to Ross because I used to receive a lot of correspondence from them and fell in love with their mission. There's more reasons but we'll get into that later. Right now, I'm getting prepared for my departure (August 28th) and there's soooo much to do on my checklist. The good news is that my VISA and financial aid is being processed and I got an apartment!!Whooo hooo. I am excited and nervous at the same time, but I know that God got me to it and he'll see me through it! But ladies and gents before I turn in for the night, I have a few rules for this site: 1)Uplifting/positive comments only. I will be under enough pressure no need to attack me with dumb posts.2)Sense of humor is a must. Laughter IS the best medicine..*sorry Court had to steal them they summed it all up.

Until next time....peace and love

1 comment:

  1. Let me be the first to comment! Yay I am so happy to be able to take the journey with ya! We start as newbies and finish as docs...loves it! see ya on the "rock"

    ReplyDelete