Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Bought My First Book!!

Hi Friends!! Well I had another great day today! With my idle time at work lol I decided to change some things around on the site. I tried to make it more reader friendly so the format won't look like a jumbled mess. In the right column, I added a search engine so when it seems like I have an endless number of blogs, you can find the ones that you want easily. Since the search box is Google powered, you can search for things that's not on the site (i.e flight rates for when you guys come visit me lol). In addition, I have some of my favorite links posted. RUSM's website of course had to be listed and I also included some Ross student blogs. They have been a great resource for me so far in preparing myself what I'm getting myself into and you should check them out. Definately peep "Court the Caribbean med student", she's one of my future classmates and actually got me started on this thing. On the veeery bottom of my site is a place in which you can post comments and questions for me (* if you dont remember my two rules, then read the first blog). I reeeally want to hear from you guys! Today I thought I was supposed to meet up with a friend to see a movie but she deeeefinately reminded me that it's tomorrow. Oops! Instead, I went to Barnes and Noble and ventured to the Medical Reference section. My initial purpose was to try to price some of the books that I know I'm going to have to buy. But guess what, I couldn't resist, I bought one! I ended up leaving with "First Aid for the USMLE Step 1". For all of you that are not familiar with USMLE, basically it's part of the medical licensing requirements that I have to pass in order to get my MD. I take Step 1 after my second year and cannot continue into my clinical sciences(years 3 and 4) portion until I pass it. The book was actually on my recommended list of books to buy and I heard it's a MUST have. I must have read 2 hours worth as soon as I got back home. My mom was like "you're studying already?" and I looked at her like she was crazy and said "of course, I have to pass". Maybe I'm the crazy one lol. I've been told to relax for my last summer of freedom, but I just couldnt resist! Hopefully it'll benefit me! But I'm getting a little tired, but before I go I'll leave you with a quote from my new study resource lol "Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opporunity to learn."-Albert Einstein

Until next time, peace and love...

2 comments:

  1. cool! how much is that book. I'm going to buy that one and the grant's dissector one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good quote.. but it doesnt work form me... Most study sessions are duties for me- It doesnt mean that it's a bad thing...
    Well here is another quote from Albert that i like: "Everthing that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom". I know it has nothing to do with books or medical school, but it is still a great quote. lata gator

    ReplyDelete